More often than not lately, whenever someone asks me for a book recommendation, I tell them to read The Sun is Also A Star. And then I tell them that they may as well pickup Everything, Everything while they are at it because they should really read both. And by read, I mean devour. These two books are both so lovely, I am convinced that their covers are designed to lure you in, but their words are designed to be eaten whole, in one sitting, greedily and eagerly. Nicola Yoon’s books are perfect reads. They are sweet and bitter, driven and steady.
But to be honest, for all my love of the books, she is such a new writer to me that I needed to take a few moments to find out more about her and witness how she speaks about her own books. So without further ado, here is are a few facts I found, along with where you can find out more about Nicola Yoon for yourself. We share a love of love, and a love of cheese, among other things. Maybe you share some traits with her too!
From her bio (linked here) – hopefully this is kosher to re-post!
- I believe in love. Really, truly.
- I’m kind of a hopeless romantic.
- I’m a proud member of the We Need Diverse Books team.
- In a former life I made jewelry. You can see some of it here.
- I love Karoake, but I cannot sing. I. Am. The. Worst. My song of choice is “Making Love out of Nothing at all” by Air Supply, because AIR SUPPLY.
- My husband makes custom notebooks. They are pretty popular.
- I hand write my first drafts.
- I keep all the empty pens.
- I was (am and always will be) a late bloomer.
- In a former life I was French. I could live entirely on wine & cheese.
- Or maybe Korean because I could live on Kimchi & Galbi too.
TSIAAS was a finalist for a 2016 National Book Award in Young People’s Literature. You can read her NBA Interview here.
Both of her novels have been optioned by MGM! The trailer for Everything, Everything is out and it looks amazing. TSIAAS was optioned in December; keep your eyes out for production news!
Where can you find out more about Nicola or connect with her?
Do you follow your favorite authors on social media? Who would you recommend following? 🙂