Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is Top Ten Authors I’m Dying to Meet. As it is winter and my introvertedness is blazing brightly on my sleeve, I have to admit that the idea of meeting an author that I have spent hours upon hours with in a textual sense is terrifying. But, let’s put my shyness aside, and I will go with my favorite current (living) authors.
Have you met a lot of authors? I’ve met a few but only at coffee shops by accident… ha.
- Sarah J. Maas – because she’s the queen of my life currently.
- Leigh Bardugo – because she’s co-queen of my life currently.
- Renee Ahdieh – because she can do no wrong.
- Mindy McGinnis – obviously. The Female of the Species is brilliant.
- Stephanie Garber – mostly because I feel like I need details about Caraval 2, but also because she seems really genuine and lovely.
- Elizabeth Gilbert – because I love her book Big Magic and all of her other works. I feel like we could talk for hours.
- Neil Gaiman – because although he seems intimidating to meet in person, his books are amazing and I bet he is too.
- Margaret Atwood – because her writings changed my life.
- Haruki Murakami – because his writings changed my life. Another really intimidating one to meet. Maybe we’d just go for a run and a drink.
- J.K. Rowling – because how can you not want to meet J.K. Rowling?
That was harder than I expected… how do you pick just 10?! This was a tough week. Who would you pick for your ten?