Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book. Hmm, this should be interesting.
Insta-Buy Authors: We all have those authors that we love so much that if they wrote anything, anywhere, we would find it and buy it. So all of those UNTITLED works on Goodreads are added, even if they are five years down the road. Who are your insta-buy authors? I have enough for a whole other top ten list, haha.
- Starred Reviews: They work for a reason.
- Anything Margot on Epic Reads loses her mind about. Whether it’s in a book haul or other video, if she’s raving about it, I want to read it.
Anything that arrives in a Fairyloot, Uppercase or OwlCrate box. At this point, I figure they know what they are doing when it comes to picking a book. Other book boxes are great too. It really helped me to diversify my reading over the past year!
- Anything that Sarah J. Maas raves about. She definitely has a certain type of book that she prefers, so I always keep an eye out for her blurbs.
- Books with fantastical magic.
Apparently anything with a carnival or circus.
- Sci-fi that is uncomfortably realistic.
Any book that someone reads and says that the main character should be played by Chris Pratt. (Because what does that mean, really. No, I’m serious. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?)
Any book written by a friend!
Okay, so that list wasn’t so hard, but I’m sure some people got really creative with this topic and I need to go check those out! This almost made me think of a topic like “10 Warning Signs that the book is not as good as you want it to be” as like warning signs before you even open the book. #1 being the common “FOR FANS OF YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR COMES THIS OTHER BOOK THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE A BOOK YOU LOVE BUT IT IS NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL”.
Til next week!